Login to your WordPress admin and go to >> Appearance >> Themes.
Step 1- Select the Add New tab at the top, then click Upload Theme.
Step 2- After you click the Upload link, a new page will open where you will be asked to find the .zip file you downloaded after purchasing.
Step 3- Select that file and click Install Now.
Step 4- Once it’s finished uploading, activate the Virtue Premium theme.
*Safari users please note – safari automatically will unzip the file you download from Kadence Themes. You need to re-zip that file by simply right clicking on the file and in the popup menu click compress.
*NOTE if you get this error while trying to update:
“The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini”
It means your server is limiting your upload size to less than 8mb. Contact your hosting server and have them increase your php max upload size to 8mb or larger.
Upgrading -Free to Premium
First, you need to copy your theme options from the free version.
- Step 1 – Click on the Theme Options link under Appearance in the WordPress admin panel.
- Step 2 – Click on the Import/Export tab of the Theme Options.
- Step 3 – Under the Export section click the “copy” button and select all the code in the drop down and copy it.
Install Premium and import theme options into Premium
- Step 1 – Install Virtue Premium (follow instructions above).
- Step 2 – Navigate to the Theme Options > Import/Export tab.
- Step 3 – Under the Import section click the “import from file” button and paste the copied code into the drop-down box. Then click Import.
Update your Menu Location Assignments
- Step 1 – Navigate to Appearance > Menus.
- Step 2 – Choose a menu and assign it to the appropriate location in the theme.
Update your Widget Assignments
- Step 1 – Navigate to Appearance > Widgets.
- Step 2 – Click and drag each widgets back to the desired location (when switching themes widgets may switch widget areas or be placed in the “inactive” widget area).