Forum Replies Created
February 1, 2019 at 2:46 am #215263
So to answer my own question:
it is the defer setting in Fast Velocity Minify that “kills” the header script (please see screenshot: https://ibb.co/KbWWj8y).
1. If i want to keep that defer setting, can i insert the script somewhere else where it is not affected?
2. If i set the blacklist option (screenshot), what file should be excepted?January 21, 2019 at 1:08 pm #213965
1) Logo – i understand what to do
2) i know it’s css, i assumed it has to do with some google font loading. How can i tell witch plugin loads it?
3) i misunderstood Cache TTL = none
4) i thought you might say WP Rocket – i’m waiting to have the budget for it.
Thank you for your timeJanuary 14, 2019 at 1:14 pm #213282
Thank you Ben, i missed those.. my Custom CSS is geting to big.
Sidequestion: is there a a good advice on what to do with the Custom CSS after i deliver the projekt? Like making it a file in the Child Theme or any other practice i’m not aware of?
I ended up making a custom menu structure that pulls the child categories in the menus, so i will ditch the filters after all. I only started a few hours ago to redo the whole structure.
Thank youJanuary 14, 2019 at 10:58 am #213258
1) sorry, no – the sub-items from “Rückschau” are still to the left. If i remove your (or my) CSS the subitems are aligned but the whole menu gets that padding left
2) i need to make the hierarchy clearbecause one should see the difference between sub items and su-sub items. I would at least insert some padding left to make it more of a tree view. I use lines if there’s no class to target them.
3) okJanuary 12, 2019 at 12:09 pm #213127
i’d also love to have a nice Form Builder from Kadence and i would generally only use Kadence Software if that would be possible, but i’m sure Ben’s To Do list is pretty long. Meanwile check the Caldera Forms, it’s the best that i could find, offering even Conditional logic in the free version. Also very reliable and easy to use, almost no learning curve.
TschüßJanuary 9, 2019 at 3:41 pm #212792
Was full of hope for a minute, but it does the same. Has to be something i’m missing.
Next I’ll try the way it is described on https://videojs.com/getting-started/ > the CDN version
Can i load the scripts in header through theme header & footer scripts? Because i see one script in the example is loaded in the body.
How would that look like?January 9, 2019 at 12:47 pm #212763
Thank you, the WPML switcher is ok now.
On the second menu: i pasted the wrong link. Sooorry!
That is actually the only page without a second menu, just the filter.
Please just klick on any other menu item to see the actual second menu.
Tested in IE11 on W10 and it’s centered. I applied (!important) to all CSS but it still gets overwriten in ascend.cssJanuary 9, 2019 at 7:04 am #212670
unfortunately it is not applying but this suddenly becomes less important.
The site owner (institution) says that the second menu is not aligned left. They have on all computers W8.1/IE11. I tried to reproduce this on my old laptop also on 8.1/IE11 but this site crashes the browser (while other sites, also on Ascend, don’t). Can you maybe test this and help correct?
Thank youDecember 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm #211707
directly selecting the element, woks fine and i understand that the last elements are hidden on the shop page but i use the filter on the other product category page where i don’t have anything hidden in the filter. I can see the “li” 4 times in the html and i can see the last-child css on the last li element when i select it in inspector, so i targeted the right element just it is not applying.
I was just puzzled and thought i got the syntax wrong. For now I’ll hide it by directly selecting the menu item but I have to do more digging and learning.
Thank you for your help.